|Home of Adventure-Archiv
Press Release 27 August 2008
Culpa Innata II: Chaos Rising Release
Date: Fall 2009
Momentum AS proudly announces the widely anticipated sequel to Culpa
Innata and the continued adventures of Phoenix Wallis.
Welcome to the Resistance and the Dark World of...
In Culpa Innata, gamers first met a young ambitious peace officer, Phoenix Wallis. While
investigating the murder of a World Union citizen, Vassily Bogdanov, she not only
identified the murderer, but also discovered a strange Virtual Reality (VR) device at the
heart of a vast criminal enterprise. One that began in the vast reaches of the Rogue
States, reaching deeply into the World Union. At the end of Culpa 1, the success she had
always craved was near. But life and events are rarely that simple. Faced with growing
disillusions with the World Union, lingering questions about her past, and ultimately her
future in this perfect society Phoenix arrives at a decisive point in her life. What of
the mysterious Renovators and other strange events? And then there are the increasing
nightmares, clouding her mind with unanswered questions about her past. What does it all
Case closed? Not for this intrepid young woman.
Culpa Innata 2: Chaos Rising begins with Phoenix's
journey to the heart of chaos and resistance, the Rogue States, armed by a deceptively
simple mandate. Meet the Russian detective in charge of the case, take custody of the
captured murderer and transport him to the World Union to face ultimate justice. But
Phoenix is not the same young woman who started this investigation and what began in
Adrianopolis follows a wild and unpredictable path to surprising conclusions.
Play as both Anatoly Pavlov, the cynical survivor of societal
collapse and the disillusioned yet politically naive Phoenix Wallis. Deeply bound by
mysterious events, Anatoly and Phoenix will encounter obstacles far more challenging than
ever before, testing their courage, determination and wits as they seek the truth hidden
beneath the worlds that they know.
Culpa Innata II: Chaos Rising, the sequel to Culpa Innata I, is
built with Momentums newly designed in house 3D engine. Our newest facial and
movement animation technologies utilizes prior patented work, new innovations and blend
shape techniques to excellent use, as the game features 75 plus, personable characters
that players will frequently engage in dialogue and interactions throughout their
Inspired by critical and player enthusiasm for the unique dialogue
based challenges of Culpa Innata I, we have pushed the creative envelope to expand our use
of such challenges in new ways that create a unique character driven intimacy and emotive
connection for gamers. We have created unique challenges that push the creative envelope
and explore a deeper range of possible gameplay dynamics between two playable characters.
The game will also feature additional organic obstacles ranging from
logic puzzles to hi-tech gadget manipulation, inventory challenges, multi-solve and
Choice driven non-linear gameplay is center stage in Culpa Innata
II: Chaos Rising, supported by flexible pacing and accessible perception of choice impact.
Wide-open environments for exploration, 65 plus unique in game
locations & a wide variety of plot relevant side quests are added to help create a
unique player-built gaming experience.
At a Glance Game Features:
- Two playable characters
- Integrated challenges including: Uniquely designed dialog based
challenges, inventory applications, high tech gadgetry, & game wide integrated complex
- Intuitive dialog system, featuring player directed branching paths
- Click and go character control, user friendly mouse driven interface
- Interactive smart cursor, dedicated exits
- Interactive map
- Gameplay Created In Game Journal & Hints Guide
- Non linear gameplay: in-game actions affect future outcomes and give
each player a unique experience
- Detailed optional player activities & side quests
- Intuitive choice driven game events
- Professional Recordings, Mastering and Voice actors
- Fully integrated Environmental 3D audio and sound effects
- Original sound-track
- Choice driven Alternate Endings
Additional Technical Features
· Dynamic Enhanced Cinematic Experience
- New Advanced player friendly camera movement / animation (cinematic)
- In-game engine rendered cinematics for seamless graphics integration
- 16-9, 4-3 resolution support (including laptops)
· Enhanced Character Animation
- Natural lip-sync with Language Independent Speech
- Novel Emotion Recognition system: Facial expression animation driven
by automatic emotion recognition from speech
- Multi layered Facial Animation System
- Realistic Facial Expression Animation
- Cloth and Hair Animation
- Motion Capture Character Animation
- Hardware-accelerated Skinning and Blendshape Animation
- State of the art human skin shading featuring:
- Parallax Occlusion Mapping
- Advanced Subsurface Scattering for Hair and Skin Shading
· Graphical Engine Highlights
- Multi Processor/core support
- LOD (Level of detail) for maximum performance.
- Several point/spot lights and directional lights affect shaded
objects and cast shadows.
- High Dynamic Range rendering and post processing effects such as
bloom and depth-of-field.
- High quality real-time shadow rendering, using proprietary shadow map
- Real-time, in game light shaft rendering with soft shadows &
- Transparency handling with alpha-blending and sorting.
- Pixel based Motion Blurring
- Parallax and Normal Mapping